Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; September 1, 2017)

Upasna Singh is no more part of The Kapil Sharma Show. She recently shot for his arch-rival Krushna Abhishek's comedy show, The Drama Company. This is not the first time Upasana has left Team Kapil. She had earlier joined Krushna's Comedy Nights Live after Comedy Nights With Kapil ended abruptly. Later, she returned to Kapil's new show, citing creative differences with Krushna.

Upasna says, “I have shot for one episode of Krushna's show because of my association with its co-producer, Preeti Simoes. I would love to join them if they have a good role for me. I haven't shot with Kapil for over two months now. There is no fight with him. It's just that my character wasn't shaping up as expected. At this stage in my career, I don't work for money. What is important is satiating my creativity as an artiste. I would mouth the same lines in all the episodes that I shot with Kapil. How will I perform if I don't get good lines?“

Upasna insists that she shares a healthy equation with Kapil and is worried about the news of him cancelling shoots with Bollywood artistes. “I have heard about five shoots being cancelled. It pains me to see Kapil's show reach this point after being number one for so long. It never happened back then. There was a collective effort from the entire cast to make the show a hit and I never expected it to go downhill. Mujhe bahut afsos hota hai. I believe Kapil akela padd gaya hai jab se bahut log usse alag ho gaye hain. I think he is under immense stress and tension and is overworked,“ she says.

KAPIL'S SHOW TIMINGS CHANGED
Kapil Sharma's show, which has been airing at 9 pm, will now move to the 8 pm slot and Krushna Abhishek's The Drama Company will shift to 9 pm. Says a source, “Kapil has been unwell and hasn't shot new episodes, so his previous episodes will air at 8 pm. The channel is waiting for Kapil to recover and start shooting again. If he is not able to do that, they may have to bring in a new show in its place.“