Amole Gupte
Sonil Dedhia (MID-DAY; August 4, 2017)

Amole Gupte, the man behind acclaimed children-centric films like Taare Zameen Par (2007), Stanley Ka Dabba (2011) and Hawaa Hawaai (2014) is now ready with his next, Sniff, a spy thriller that revolves around a Sikh boy, played by eight-year-old Sunny Gill, who has a sharp nose.

Interestingly, Gupte will make his singing debut with this film by lending his vocals to the track, Naak. Talking about the quirky number, which has been written by Gupte and composed by Mujtaba Aziz Naza, the filmmaker says, "I have sung earlier, but this is the first time I am singing a full-fledged song. One day, we were sitting in my office, and I told Mujtaba to give me a spin, because I felt the track needed to be contemporary. That's when we arrived at this tune." He also adds that the song will be available in two versions, the second being composed by guitarist Sanjay Divecha.