Natasha Coutinho (MUMBAI MIRROR; July 1, 2017)

Shamata Anchan who made her debut in Ashutosh Gowarikar’s TV show Everest three years ago is now set to make her film debut opposite Abhay Deol in the Canadian film, The Field, where she will play his wife.

“I was shooting for a TV show, Bin Kuch Kahe, in Jaipur when I got a call for this international Hindi-English bilingual. We shot the film in Mumbai and Delhi and wrapped up the film in 30 days. It’s based on the capital’s land mafia with Abhay playing a cop. I didn’t have to think twice about agreeing to star opposite Abhay in my first feature,” Shamata exults.

Neeraj Kabi plays the antagonist and Shamita recalls that she had attended his acting workshops. “Ronit Roy is another powerhouse performer. I don’t have any scenes with them but it was nice meeting him,” the actress signs off with a smile.