Shruti Haasan
Upala KBR (DNA; July 4, 2017)

Shruti Haasan’s beau Michael Corsale was with her in Mumbai earlier this year when she was shooting for Behen Hogi Teri. They’ve been papped many times, coming in and flying out of the city. They even spent last Valentine’s Day together. She met the London-based actor last year through a common friend when she was in the UK. Here, Shruti talks about why she doesn’t want to share anything about him and why her parents would never ask her the marriage question....

You are said to be dating London-based theatre actor Michael Corsale for a few months now.
I don’t talk about my personal life because it’s very precious to me. All of us who have had a partner know that those people are the pillar of support in your life and I don’t want to share that with everybody. It’s just not something I feel comfortable talking about.

Are you in love?
I am always in love with a 100 different things!

Do your parents (Kamal Haasan, Sarika) tell you to get married and settle down?
If you know my parents, they are the last people to tell me to go and get married (laughs). They are very chilled and tell me, ‘It’s your life, do whatever you want’. As far as me wanting to get married is concerned, I never over plan. Every time I have planned something, the Universe is like ‘Ha! Ha! Just kidding. Now you have to go in another direction.’ So, I don’t over plan at all.