Sonil Dedhia (MID-DAY; June 24, 2017)

Rajinikanth has been in and out of Mumbai over the past few months, given that he is busy filming for his next venture, 'Kaala Karikaalan', in the city. Speculations are rife that the actor, who arrived in Mumbai amidst heavy security on Thursday, will attend the trailer launch of his daughter Soundarya's film, 'VIP-2' on Sunday.

Soundarya points out to his busy schedule as she says the Thalaiva cannot commit to his presence at the launch, but adds, "If Appa is there, it will surely be encouraging for all of us. He has always stood by me, and supported my decisions. I am nervous as people have a lot of expectation from me. I hope that I live up to the hype."

The doting dad had his daughter's back throughout the filming process. "He was involved in all the activities and would enquire about the film's progress, daily. He would also give me valuable feedback. I am blessed to be his daughter."

The film marks Kajol's comeback to Tamil films after two decades, and pairs her alongside Rajinikanth's son-in-law, Dhanush.

Confessing to being an ardent admirer of the actress, Soundarya, says, "Kajol is among the finest performers we have in Hindi cinema today. VIP 2 demanded an actor of her caliber. I'm glad she said yes."

Dhanush, Kajol and Soundarya