Lasyapriya Sundaram (BOMBAY TIMES; June 14, 2017)

First it was Priyanka Chopra, who was trolled online for her choice of attire during a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Berlin. Then, Deepika Padukone was subjected to unsavoury comments when she posted a picture from a recent magazine shoot on social media.

Soon followed Fatima Sana Shaikh, who was body-shamed for posting a snap shot of her wearing a bikini and relaxing on the beach. For celebs, being trolled for their appearance is an occupational hazard; there's no way to escape it.

Talking about one such instance, Shruti Haasan recollects how shortening her tresses got her into trouble. She says, “I met with extreme reactions on social media when I cut my hair. What people didn't realise was that I have always worn hair extensions; my hair has never been that long to begin with. Cutting my hair has received maximum flak on social media.“