Ruman Ganguly (BOMBAY TIMES; June 13, 2017)

Patralekhaa, who made her debut opposite her real-life boyfriend Rajkummar Rao in Citylights, has begun filming her new project with him in Kolkata. Probed if their personal equation comes in the way of work, she says, “There is no extra effort required to build an equation on the sets as it is smooth and tension-free.“

Ask her how Raj is as a boyfriend, and she blushes, “He is a wonderful person and an amazing boyfriend. More than that, he is my best friend with whom I can share everything. He is hardworking and persistent. And he encourages me a lot. I hardly get to spend time with him as he is either shooting or dubbing.“

Revealing that he loves to see her in a sari, she says, “I make it a point to wear a sari when I offer anjali during Durga Puja and Saraswati Puja. I've turned Raj into a complete Bengali; he can speak the language fluently too.“

While it's not uncommon for a couple to discuss work, Patralekhaa says that they don't take suggestions from each other about their careers because it's their individual journey. “But we do discuss how Raj approaches a particular scene, or how I did a scene and so on...and he will never recommend me for a film - it doesn't work that way. I understand my freedom well and respect it at the same time,“ she concludes.