Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; May 8, 2017)

Over the past few days, the debate over whether actors must take the mic at highprofile music events has amassed heat. While the industry stands divided on the issue, nothing takes away from the effort that actors put into a song while recording it. Take Shraddha Kapoor for instance. While recording Main Phir Bhi Tumko Chahungi, her track in Mohit Suri's Half Girlfriend, the actress broke down. Talking about the song that releases today, Shraddha says, “It was so overwhelming, I couldn't sing. I had to excuse myself for a few minutes before I could collect myself and resume recording.“

Mohit Suri says, “My brief to Mithoon (composer) was that the track should convey the crux of the film. While working on a previous movie, Manoj (Muntashir, the lyricist) had told me about a nazm he had written 12 years ago. I told him that I will need it for my film. The original song has been sung by Arijit Singh, Shraddha has rendered a modified version. For the climax of the film, I wanted a song that conveys the joy of uniting with someone you have always loved. Taking a cue from Lataji's Aapki Nazron Ne Samjha, Manoj and I came up with a few new lines. When I approached Shraddha to record the song, she was worried if she would be able to do justice to it.“

Was he around when Shraddha broke down? “I have known Shraddha since Aashiqui 2 (2013), and she has always been positive about life. To see someone like her break down while recording the song, confirmed the fact that she connected with it. I was sitting outside the studio, when she came out weeping. We hope that like Shraddha, everyone else connects with the song, too,“ Mohit says.