Neha Maheshwri (BOMBAY TIMES; May 27, 2017)

Pooja Hegde (Miss Universe India 2010 2nd Runner Up) made her Bollywood debut almost nine months ago, with Ashutosh Gowariker's Mohenjo Daro. Though the period drama, which featured Hrithik Roshan opposite her, failed to create ripples at the box office, the former Miss India has no regrets. “Mohenjo Daro was the best decision I made at that time,“ she says.

There's no denying the fact that debuting opposite Hrithik has its own pros and cons. Foraying into Hindi cinema with a superstar could very well steal the limelight from a debutante, who is trying to get noticed. However, Pooja disagrees, saying, “It's true that the story revolved around the male protagonist, but Ashutosh gives equal importance to his heroines. Did I want more focus on me? Which actor wouldn't want it? I am happy that people yearned to see more of me. It's nice to be complimented for looks, but nothing supersedes the positive feedback you get for talent and hard work.“

The actress, who is in no hurry to sign her next Hindi film, is learning to play the guitar these days. “I have been wanting to train in an instrument for some time now. Piano was the first choice, but it's not possible to travel with it. So, I decided to take lessons in guitar instead. And my teacher is at home - my brother. Playing a guitar is tough; it hurts my fingers, but I enjoy it,“ she sums up.