The actress is overlooking the screenwriting process as well
Sanyukta Iyer (MUMBAI MIRROR; May 11, 2017)

Priyanka Chopra who turned producer with a number of regional films ranging from Bhojpuri and Marathi to Sikkimese, Goan and Bengali, is now planning to venture into Hindi film production. The 34-year-old-actress wants to coproduce a Hindi drama with her Mary Kom-producers and the studio that is releasing her Hollywood debut, Baywatch, in India — Viacom 18 Motion Pictures.

Ask her if this is business move and PeeCee retorts, “I think with my heart and not my head. I am instinctive but not impulsive. And money is not the end goal. If it was, I wouldn’t be producing regional films whose reach is limited. It’s so much easier to make money as a Hindi film producer. But we are still a small company and new as producers. We still have a lot to learn.”

Last month, the actress was in the city to launch her Hollywood debut and Ajit Andhare, COO, Viacom 18, had joked that just like the makers of Baywatch (co-producer Dwayne Johnson, director Seth Gordon) were on “hot lifeguard pursuit”, he was on “Priyanka Chopra pursuit”. “We take so much pride in Priyanka that we would love to do more with her. There are plans to collaborate with Purple Pebble Pictures soon,” he had shared and the actress-producer had agreed.

Besides co-producing the film, does PeeCee plan to contribute to the script? “I’m not that talented. I love writing. I’ve worked with the most talented writers in the world – in Hindi cinema and on Quantico. I don’t have enough knowledge yet, but I am overlooking the screenwriting process,” she says. And what about penning her autobiography? “If I could clone myself I would do a lot more. I’m chasing time!” she chuckles.