Priyanka Chopra
Upala KBR (DNA; May 13, 2017)

Priyanka Chopra is playing the waiting game for now. While she has given the nod to three big Bollywood films, she is not at liberty to comment or commit, till the makers of her US show Quantico and her contract with them does not give her that leeway. Only if Quantico season 3 begins soon, will she be able to talk about her B-Town projects. During a recent visit to Mumbai, PC tells us why her life is on standby for the next few days...

Is Quantico ending this season or are they planning a third season?
I don’t know. We wait for every season. Last season, too, we were waiting till May to find out if we have a Season 2. You never know what the studio will decide and it happens with every show. Last year also, it was the same feeling. After every season, the channel goes back and decides which shows should come back for another season, which to cancel and discuss their budgets. Right now, they are taking a call about Quantico. We are still waiting. But by God’s grace, I am at a place where I don’t lack work. I believe in destiny and wherever God takes me, I will go…

Another TV show or a film — what would tempt you more?
(Laughs) I would choose movies. I am honest enough to say that I like movies better because I play so many different characters. Once a movie is over, you can play something else, unless you are in a franchise. Otherwise, it’s fun to play different characters. On TV, you play the same character. Some people find that amazing but that’s the difficult part of doing TV for me as an artist, I guess.

Are you a part of the Sahir Ludhianvi or Kalpana Chawla biopic?
I have shortlisted three films, but I cannot take a decision till I know about Quantico Season 3. We will know in another 10 days. I am under contract with them, so I cannot take a call till I know what’s happening on that front. I have met a lot of amazing filmmakers here, including Sanjay Sir (Leela Bhansali, the producer of the Sahir Ludhianvi biopic) and there who have come to me with some great parts. I just have paucity of time because of my contract with Quantico. As soon as I know more,. But I can’t say specifically which film I am a part of yet.

You’ve seen the rushes of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmavati?
I have not! Please. No one is that lucky (laughs). I was at Sanjay sir’s office when I saw some bits. I can’t speak for him but I am one of his greatest fans so I did meet him and I saw glimpses of Padmavati. It’s going to be beautiful and so good — all three actors are fabulous. I am excited and I think the world should be excited too!

Recently, you met Ritesh Sidhwani, giving rise to speculation that you’ve signed Don 3.
Ritesh and I can’t be friends without doing a film? (Laughs sarcastically)