The actor has moved on from his comedy show to host a talent-based reality series that will unfold on the road
Natasha Coutinho (MUMBAI MIRROR; April 6, 2017)


Still smarting from the unmitigated disaster that was Comedy Nights Bachao, which drove Bollywood celebrities away en masse with its impersonation of Hollywood-style Roasts, Krushna Abhishek is back on the same channel, Colors, to host a talent-based show that will provide a platform to street artistes. Unlike other reality shows, this one will be devoid of judges — people on the street will decide if they enjoyed the acts.

Krushna told Mirror, “The show which is called India Banega Manch is an interesting format and will have hidden cameras capturing the contestants as they perform on the streets. The audience are bored and want pure entertainment which we are providing in hour-long episodes. You will get to see a wide spectrum of Indian talent across ages.”

Won’t he miss comedy which has become his trademark? Krushna says he’s happy to explore a new genre. “I have done shows like Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega, Killer Karaoke and OMG. I don’t want to be slotted in the comic genre; I’m not a comedian, I’m an actor who also does comedy. People like my kind of comedy but I haven’t stuck to that zone because I’m a complete entertainer,” Krushna asserts.