Nimrat Kaur
Nimrat Kaur is wishing for a project that is 'bigger, better, more enriching'
MID-DAY (April 7, 2017)

Venturing into the digital space with an upcoming web series, The Test Case, Nimrat Kaur has said the overwhelming success of 'The Lunchbox' didn't stop from her experimenting in her career. The Ekta Kapoor project will see the 35-year-old actress play an Army officer for the first time.

"I always want to try new things in life. Yes, this (Internet) is a new avenue, but never in my life have I believed in pre-set notions. I really don't think there is need for any actor to be calculative about these kind of things. You connect with something and you just do it," Nimrat told PTI on the sidelines of an automobile event in Delhi.

Nimrat, who has done two international projects Homeland and Wayward Pines, agrees that movie buffs still recognise her for the role of a lonely housewife in The Lunchbox.

"I guess that's a cross for most actors to bear when something works tremendously for them. I want to undo this immediately by presenting myself in different ways, which is actually the real fun of being an actor. I don't want to repeat the success of The Lunchbox again, and what I wish for now is something bigger, better and more enriching," she said.