Nayandeep Rakshit (DNA; April 5, 2017)

Despite a friendship that lasted several decades, Kajol and Karan Johar have gone their separate ways after an ugly turn. While Karan spoke about the issues that drove their dosti apart, in his autobiography, An Unsuitable Boy, Kajol kept mum.

She continues to stand her ground. When asked for her side of the story, she takes a five-second pause (that seems like forever) and replies, “I think that the best thing for me to do right now, as far as this entire topic (the fallout with Karan Johar) is concerned, is to stay silent. And that’s exactly what I’m going to do. When and if I choose to give my opinion on this particular topic, I will make sure the world hears of it.”

This is uncharacteristic of the actress who has always spoken her mind. She says she feels that people tend to misuse ‘honesty’ for pretence. She subtly adds, “Well, I think there’s a lot of fake honesty going around as well. I really do. There are a lot of people going around and saying, ‘You know I’m being honest’ and actually, it’s just for selling books, or movies and ratings. I don’t know, there are a lot of reasons for faking in front of the camera. Or in front of the public, for that matter. I think honesty has been abused over time and space.”

But is she someone who forgives and forgets? She gently nods, “Well, I think relationships are like that. Relationships are about working things out. So I do believe that if they are worth it, two people will make the effort to work through it,” Kajol concludes.