Tanvi Trivedi (BOMBAY TIMES; March 19, 2017)

Right after Kapil Sharma took to social media to reveal his lady love, he admitted to Bombay Times about his wed ding plans. He said, “I don't understand why people are not believing something when I tweet about it? What is there to be shocked? Yes, I am getting married to Ginni and she is the love of my life. I have known her for 10 years since my college days in Jalandhar. I used to go to her college to do stand-up comedy. I fell in love with her first, then my mother fell in love with her and that's when I felt I should make it official. She not only completes me but is my better half.“

The couple plans to tie the knot next year. Kapil confirms, “The wedding should hopefully happen in January 2018. I know I've been flirting a lot with Deepika Padukone and other actresses on my show, but I guess now it's time for me to settle down. And I am happy that I have found whatever I wanted, in Ginni.“

Kapil and Ginni (her real name is Bhavneet Chatrath) appeared in the comedy show Hans Baliye in 2009. But Ginni chose to pursue MBA rather than stand-up comedy. So, will she join his company anytime soon? “No. She is busy with other things and has no plans to be a part of my production house,“ says Kapil.