Sonil Dedhia (MID-DAY; March 18, 2017)

While she made a dream Bollywood debut as Babita Phogat in Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' (2016), Sanya Malhotra's journey in the industry hasn't been a cakewalk. Few would know that the actress, who is a trained ballet dancer, moved to Mumbai from Delhi four years ago, when she was shortlisted for a dance-based reality show. However, when that didn't work out, she stayed back to pursue acting and featured in TV commercials. After wrapping 'Dangal', Sanya interned at Aamir's production company. And now, she has been signed as choreographer for the superstar's next production, 'Secret Superstar'.

Speaking to mid-day, Sanya says, “When Advait Chandan [debutante director] asked me to choreograph a sequence for Aamir sir, I was ecstatic. I never imagined doing something so wonderful. I first got to play his on-screen daughter, and now I was choreographing steps for him. What more can I ask for.” She adds that training Aamir wasn't difficult. “Even if the steps were tough, he would never back out. He practised and killed it like a professional dancer,” says Sanya.

On the acting front, buzz suggested that Sanya was approached for Anurag Kashyap's next, 'Manmarziyan'. But she neither confirmed nor denied the news. “They aren't rumours, but I haven't signed it yet. I am positive that I am going to get something soon,” says the actress.