Vin Diesel has the answer to what everyone wants to know
Tushar Joshi (DNA; January 16, 2017)

Vin Diesel was in India for the premiere of his revived franchise xXx: Return of Xander Cage starrring Deepika Padukone. The actor had his first brush with Indian hospitality as he was welcomed at the airport in traditional style. He even got a taste of what it feels like to attend an Indian premiere on Thursday night when he hosted some B-Town actors who came over to watch his film.

During an interaction with After Hrs, Vin spoke about his first teaser photo with Deepika that had the back of his head in it. The photo broke the internet and had everyone talking about his chemistry with DP...

When asked if he remembered the day that picture was taken he said, “I do remember that moment. I can remember that moment like it was yesterday. It was very exciting for us because we knew we had found our Serena, so it was a very important moment. We didn’t want to wait anymore. She had just flown from Toronto into Los Angeles with her mother. Deepika and I had met several years before and...we knew right then. You know it was all intended to be, because normally there is a formality. I have to go back and talk to the studio and production, make sure everything is perfect, she had to check her dates, everything had to be scurried through, of course. We didn’t wait at all. In that moment, I remember her going — 'Are you sure we should do this?'”

Deepika added that she was in shock with the sudden turn of events, “Because no one had said anything. I had just met DJ (Caruso) the morning before and then I get a call saying Vin heard you are in Toronto and you met the director and he wants to see you. Luckily, I had a visa for the US, I flew in to see him and we had this amazing four-hour chat. We were just talking about the movie which was great, but I still didn’t know why I was there or what I was doing. We were just catching up and he was telling me what he is doing next, I didn’t know. I saw some signs when I walked in and the triple-X — the first one where he was in it was playing in the background? I was like, ‘What is going on?’ Something inside me said ‘I think I’ve got this, but he didn’t say anything, no one said anything. And then we start doing this random photo shoot in the middle of the night and I was all like ‘What the hell is going on!’ The casting director is like I am tweeting it, I am putting it out, I was like ‘Okay’.”

During the press interaction there was chatter that the director of the film, DJ Caruso was playing with the idea of setting the next film in India. When asked how long would it be before we see Vin back in India, the actor said, “Well, I am here now, which, hopefully, won’t take me as long as it took me the first time. I’d love to come back and I overheard DJ saying that he can imagine the setting being in India in this franchise.”