Natasha Coutinho (MUMBAI MIRROR; January 19, 2017)

Krushna Abhishek, who ticked off several Bollywood stars on Comedy Nights Bachao Taaza, including John Abraham, Akshay Kumar, Lisa Haydon and Tannishtha Chatterjee, is currently in Dubai performing live shows. “I’m not part of Chhote Miyan but I will return with a good show on Colors or maybe another channel. I don’t want to roast people anymore because how long can you do the same thing? I did it for one-and-a-half years. We featured around 400 actors, if four-five actors felt offended, you can’t do much about it. I don’t want to offend actors anymore. It’s been a big risk for me but we pulled it off for so long. It ended at the right time,” Krushna told Mirror.

Dogged by constant comparisons with TV’s most successful comedian, Kapil Sharma, whose show he had replaced with Bachao, Krushna says he is always ready for competition. “Kapil is doing well but I plan to return with a fresh concept that will give him tough competition. Agar Sultan aayi thi uske baad Dangal bhi aayi. I will bring my Dangal to give competition to Kapil’s Sultan,” he promises. Krushna also believes that Chhote Miyan has big shoes to fill. “Bharti is hosting but taking the slot of Comedy Nights Bachao is not easy. Our show had replaced Comedy Nights with Kapil, and we know what a tough time we had. So they will have to come up with something new to retain the audience. I hear the writer of Comedy Nights with Kapil, Bharat Kukreti, is also writing Chhote Miyan, so that should work for the