Upala KBR (DNA; January 18, 2017)

Arjun Kapoor and his Half Girlfriend director Mohit Suri are not fighting. And rumours that the two are, has baffled and angered them. It all began last year with a report that Arjun had thrown a birthday party at a hotel where the actor and the crew were staying and that it had cost his HG producers lakhs of rupees. At the time, both wasted no time in rubbishing those rumours and Mohit has clarified that it was the producer who had thrown the bash even though the actor was in no state to party as he had just lost his beloved naani Sattee Shourie.

With a round of fresh rumours about Arjun and Mohit getting into a spat again and the two not being on talking terms, it might seem like all is tense on the HG sets and off it. But that’s not the case. Mohit laughs off the rumours.

“Arjun and I talk to each other every day. In fact, we were to go together to Sidharth Malhotra’s birthday bash on Sunday, but I fell ill and couldn’t go. He was to come and see some rushes of Half Girlfriend and start dubbing for it, but he has been busy shooting nights and I have been busy completing the edit. He plans to see it once he gets free. Not just Arjun, I am on excellent terms with his family, too.”

Arjun says, “There is no issue between Mohit and me at all. I don’t care if people write about my personal life, but when people write rubbish about my professional life, I won’t keep quiet. When I was on an outdoors shoot and my grandmother was seriously unwell, there were reports about me throwing a party, drinking and giving the producer a Rs 1.5 lakh bill. I am a producer’s son and my father is one of the most amazing producers in Bollywood. If I was drinking, I should not have got this film. Obviously, somebody is jealous and upset and spreading these stories. Please don’t give it importance.”

Half Girlfriend is complete and is scheduled to have an April release.