Enlarge Image
But he says he was only doing his job as a protective son
Subhash K Jha (DNA; May 22, 2016)

On Thursday night, outside an eatery in Mumbai, Sohail Khan was seen hurling insults at television reporters who asked Sohail and his dad Salim Khan the dreaded ‘marriage’ question about Salman.

Sohail says he did it protect his father from being harangued at midnight. “The incident on Thursday night was extremely unnecessary and unfortunate. But in my defence, I must say I only got concerned and protective towards my father because some young reporters charged at him with mics, lights and irrelevant questions.”

As a protective son, Sohail felt concerned for his father. “They (the paparazzi) restricted him from getting into his car. He was tired and needed his space after a long day. Surely, he needs his privacy at his age,” he says.

Sohail says he initially responded mildly to the paparazzi ‘intrusion’. “Initially, I was polite and requested them to give my father the respect that he deserves. But when I didn’t see that happening, the protective son emerged and I got assertive with my words and asked them to back off.”

The actor-producer says he’s sorry about the incident. “If I have offended anyone, my sincere apologies, they were doing their job, and I was doing my job as a son.”