Anirban Das (MID-DAY; September 21, 2015)

While celebrity owners of sports teams are often spotted inside stadiums cheering on their players, John Abraham has gone the extra mile to ensure his presence during the second season of the Indian Super League that kicks off on October 3.

John is currently in Budapest, Hungary, shooting for Force 2 with Sonakshi Sinha, but he has informed the film’s unit about his unavailability during the football season. Says John, “My film’s director (Abhinay Deo) and co-producers have been kind enough to allow me to attend some of my team’s matches.”

Interestingly, the actor has also approached filmmakers of his other projects about the break. After completing the first schedule of Force 2 on October 22, he will travel to Abu Dhabi to join the unit of Dishoom with Varun Dhawan from October 24. “I will soon start shooting for Hera Pheri 3 too. But, I will follow my team for its matches as well,” adds the actor.

On their part, the makers have allowed John to attend all matches of his team. “I will be travelling from Abu Dhabi for the matches. It’s not a lot of travel from there. My producers and directors have been kind to me. I am fortunate to own a team and football is something I enjoy. I am hands on and completely involved with the selection of players as well,” says John.