Madhur Bhandarkar's calendar girl on the rigours of getting intimate on screen
Sanyukta Iyer (MUMBAI MIRROR; May 19, 2015)

Last year, 20-year-old model, Ruhi Singh became the first Indian to win the Miss Universal Peace and Humanity title in Lebanon, a pageant is hosted by the International Human Rights Commission. Now, she's gearing up for her Bollywood debut with Madhur Bhandarkar's Calendar Girls. "There are five heroines who were on the sets all the time but you'll see a lot more of me in the film because I'm a girl with a man opposite her. My track is a vibrant new-age love story," she promises.

She however admits that the explicit intimate scenes made her extremely uncomfortable at first and required lots of hard work. "Shooting the love scenes began to take a toll on my health. They left me completely exhausted. But now I'm used to the grind. I'm a tough girl now," she insists.

The newbie agrees that fame comes at a price. "I had to chop off my lovely long locks for my next film, Ishq Forever," she complains. That's Lisa Ray's comeback film and they've been shooting together in Cape Town. But Ruhi is categorical that Lisa is not the lead. "I am," she asserts, adding "I play a modern freespirit whose love story has plenty of twists and turns."