Enlarge Image
Sonam Kapoor says her look this year will be quite different. Wonders if people will like it...
Srishti Dixit (DNA; May 15, 2015)

Fashionista Sonam Kapoor is headed to Cannes soon. Also, her film Prem Ratan Dhan Payo opposite Salman Khan is slated for release this year and her clothing line Rheson is also coming out in September. Though looking a tad exhausted from her all-night shoot schedules for the Neerja Bhanot biopic, Sonam isn’t short on exuberance. Excerpts from the interview...

Big Social Media Plans
On Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, I am the only celebrity who has organic followers. I have never bought followers. I’m going to double my number of followers in the next two three years on social media. I’m going to hire a social media company now because so far I am doing everything on my own. I was thinking of vlogging, I am going to interact more with my fans through social media. I am going to start now, right before Cannes.

At the Cannes Red Carpet
I am not doing any work! (giggles) I am usually very nervous before setting foot on a red carpet. But then I have my sister Rhea, who is my stylist and she knows me so well so she only gives me things that are very comfortable to wear. There is big team of assistants, makeup artists and hairstylists that put you together but when you walk on that red carpet you just have to be confident and always be yourself. I’d never wear something that’s not me. As soon as you wear something that you feel awkward in, you’re going to look awkward wearing it.

What she’ll wear
It’s really easy to walk in those big gowns because they are constructed in a way that people can walk while wearing them (referring to her last year’s Elie Saab outfit at Cannes) or maybe it’s just me who feels that way (laughs). It was a lot of fun wearing that gown but this year is going to be quite different. I am going really quirky this year. I don’t know if a lot of people will like it but I love it!