Are they rethinking my Padma Shri after I did Humshakals?-Saif Ali Khan
7:56 AM
Posted by Fenil Seta
Ankur Pathak (MUMBAI MIRROR; August 9, 2014)
The controversy
surrounding Saif Ali Khan's Padma Shri has escalated after the
government decided to examine a petition filed by a RTI activist, SC
Agrawal.
The activist has demanded that the actor be stripped of the honour after a Mumbai court framed charges against him for assaulting an NRI businessman and his father-in-law in a city restaurant.
When Mirror broached the subject with Saif, he joked, "Are they rethinking my Padma Shri because I did Humshakals?"
However, the actor quickly turned serious and said: "This will be an examination, not a re-examination since it's a different government."
He added: "I agree that a punch up is not what we expect from a Padma Shri, but to take the honour away without proving the fact is a bit extreme. Let the court decide who is to blame first."
The activist has demanded that the actor be stripped of the honour after a Mumbai court framed charges against him for assaulting an NRI businessman and his father-in-law in a city restaurant.
When Mirror broached the subject with Saif, he joked, "Are they rethinking my Padma Shri because I did Humshakals?"
However, the actor quickly turned serious and said: "This will be an examination, not a re-examination since it's a different government."
He added: "I agree that a punch up is not what we expect from a Padma Shri, but to take the honour away without proving the fact is a bit extreme. Let the court decide who is to blame first."
This entry was posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:14 pm, and is filed under
Humshakals,
Interviews,
Saif Ali Khan,
Saif Ali Khan Padma Shri
. Follow any responses to this post through RSS. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment